Ah winter; hose cold chilly nights, where all you want to do is snuggle on the couch with a hot chocolate. The season of comfy knits, ugg boots and fluffy socks…
But as the weather gets all cold and dry, so does your hair. The cold weather pulls the moisture out from your hair, which makes it feel dry and lifeless, and it loses its shine. Which means split ends!
So, in these cold winter nights it is important to keep your hair hydrated and use a good quality conditioner.
And, if its waaaay too cold to leave the house right now, don’t worry because I’ve got some DIY treatments that you can whip together right now. (I know, I know- I’m amazing, you’re welcome)
Avocado Hair Mask
Avocados are full of healthy fats and oils, and are great for restoring shine and moisture to your hair. Egg yolks are full of fats and proteins to naturally revive your hair to its natural gloss.
1 egg yolk
- Blend the avocado and egg yolk in a blender or with a fork
- Apply to your hair, working from the bottom up to your scalp
- Wrap your hair in your Dilly’s Collections shower cap and wait 15-20 (This locks the heat in, and allows your hair to absorb all the nutrients)
- Rinse out in the shower
- Shampoo and condition as usual
Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive oil is a rich emollient that conditions the hair and makes it easy to brush, adds shine and prevents breakage.
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 table spoons honey
- Heat oil in microwave for 20 seconds
- Mix oil with the honey
- Apply to hair, starting from the ends and working up
- Once again, wrap in shower cap for 15-20 mins
- Wash and style as usual
The results? Fabulous and strong hair…just like you!